I’ve been thinking about this for some time. Here is the idea.
I’ll stake two players each week to an MTT buy-in of up to $6. You win, I get my buy-in back and we split the profit. You lose: no harm, no foul. You win big, you get a bigger split of the winnings. I might allow SnGs if I know you well enough. That’s the simple synopsis.
Now onto my groundrules:
1. I’ll open up a month’s worth of slots. Simply post here your interest and time frame you’d like to play and I’ll do my best to accommodate you. Once I slot you in a week’s slot, you’ll need to PM your details to me [nickname, site preferred, tournament/ID, day and time] so I can transfer the funds. This will be so I can track you results. Holdem, PL O/8, Badugi, 7-Card stud, HORSE, whatever you want to play.
2. Only established ITH members who I know.
3. Only on sites I can transfer to. Currently, these consist of:
• Cake Poker
• Full Tilt Poker
• Merge – Lock Poker, PDC Poker or Poker Host
• Poker4Ever [Everleaf Gaming]
• Ultimate Bet
4. Weeks will go from Sunday to Saturday. Play your stake at any time.
5. When you win, I get back the stake and 50% of profits. If you win more than $1,000, you keep 60% of the profits. If you win more than $10,000, you keep 70% of the profits.
6. If you want to do a rebuy and the total cost exceeds the maximum stake of $6, then profits [after refund of the buy-in] will be based solely on percentage of stake funding. For instance, if you played the daily $50,000 [$5.50+R] on PokerStars and made 2 rebuys and an add-on [total cost $20.50], then the split would be roughly 29%/71%. At $1,000 profit, you’d earn an extra 10%. At $10,000 profit, you’d earn a further 10% profit. However, in this case, my profit from a rebuy stake could never fall below 5%. So, if you go rebuy crazy, I don’t get shut out entirely.
7. If you’d like to play multiple tournaments, for instance five $1.10 tournaments, we can do that as well, as long as you give me a list of what you want to do.
8. I may add SnGs in the future, at my discretion. If you really want to play them, I’ll furnish a stake on a per player basis.
9. Satellites are also good. If I fund the entire cost of the satellite then we can either split the tournament dollars/de-register money or we can roll it up and see where it takes us with the split % as in #5 above.
10. At the end of the year, I’ll shave off 10% of my earnings [after buy-in costs] and donate it to Matthew’s charity, Colombianitos.
Edit: You can be staked on more than one occasion. Only limiting factor would be ensuring everyone wishing to get staked does so before we start rolling over again.
So I’m opening up stakes for the following slots:
• January 16th – January 22nd
• January 23rd – January 29th
• January 30th – February 5th
Who is interested?
Harold Camping was wrong. The world ended on April 15th, 2011.